PROFINET Device name (English)
Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
According to the Profinet Specification the following rules apply to the device name:
- It consists of one or more labels seperated by a dot.
- The total length is 1 to 240 characters.
- The length of a label is 1 to 63 characters.
- Labels solely consist of lower case characters, digits and '-'.
- Neither the first nor the last character of a label is '-'.
- The first label does not start with "port-xyz" or "port-xyz-abcde", where a, b, c, d, e, x, y and z are digits.
- It is not of the form "k.l.m.n", where k, l, m and n are numbers from 0 to 999.
- Siemens Support-Beitrag zur PROFINET naming convention