UNIGATE® Scan Tool (UST) (English)
With UNIGATE® Scan Tool (UST) UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet devices from firmware-version V5.31 can be displayed, which are located in the previously selected IP-adress-range. In addition an IP-adress can be assigned to temporary or permanent.
Please find described below how to find UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet devices: Note: UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet devices can be either in Konfig.-Mode or in Run-Mode. Only one of the 4 communication channels must not be occupied so that UST can be used. Attention: If the transport-protocol Modbus TCP of Universalscript Deutschmann is used, then an UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device can only be scanned in Konfig.-Mode.
- Install UST and start.
- Through the selection box under "Adapter IP" are displayed all IP address ranges of the Ethernet Adapters existing on the computer.Here the desired IP address range must be selected for the scan operation.
- The search process is started by button "Scan". All UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet devices, that are in the prevoiusly selected IP-address-range are now displayed with the MAC address, IP address, type code and software revision.
- Now an UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device can be marked with which the flash test or a change of IP address should be done.
- Via the button "Blink" the flash functiom is executed. The Bus State LED flashes red for about 5 seconds. This is for checking if the marked UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device is really the correct one.
- Is the correct UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device marked, now an IP-address under "IP-Address" maybe added and then assigned. This address can be assigned temporarily or permanently. If the IP-address has to be stored permanently in the UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device, then first in the box "set_perm" has to be set a hook. Otherwise, it is set only temporary.
- The desired UNIGATE® Fast Ethernet device must be marked again. The IP address is then transferred via the '"Set IP" button and set accordingly.
- Finally the UNIGATE® Fast-Ethernet device should restart and a new scan should be operated in order to check if the previously transmitted IP-address has been set correctly. Note: If the IP-address is set only temporary, there should be done no restart, the new scan should be operated directly after setting of the new IP-address.
UNIGATE® Scan Tool (UST) (Zip-Datei)